Application for the 2022 Government of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship is ongoing and open for international students that are interested, qualified and willing to study in Malaysia.
The government of Malaysia MTCP scholarship is actually a fully-funded program that covers the full tuition fees and a $9,516 annual living stipend for international students that are successful. The MTCP scholarship helps international students to study and complete their Masters’s program at any prestigious university in Malaysia. This scholarship has had about 34,500 participants and more from about 144 countries.
The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students that are from developing countries to help them pursue their postgraduate program/studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquiring the fundamental knowledge and skills that are necessary to help them make a positive contribution to the development of their home country.visit here
Host Country: Malaysia
Study Abroad: Study in Asia
Category: Postgraduate Scholarship |Masters Scholarship
Eligible Countries: All countries
Reward: Full scholarship
- Tuition fees
- $9,516 Living Allowance
Guidelines for the Application of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship 2022
WHO CAN APPLY?
MTCP cordially invites international students from all over the world for the academic year of 2022/2023 session:
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must actually be submitted through an online application system via the link: https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER/index.php
The following documents below are compulsory and are supposed to be uploaded through the online application (the documents should be scanned and saved in a PDF format):
- Application form (which is supposed to be filled in the online system)
- The latest admission offer letter from any of the Malaysian Universities for the academic intake of 2022/2023 (you have to check the list of universities).
- Letter of Recommendation from at least two (2) referees
- Statement of intent
- A certified copy of the Academic Transcripts
A record of all the courses that the applicant had taken throughout the degree program must actually be reflected in the academic transcripts
Applicants must as well submit transcripts of their undergraduate studies;
Applicant must also submit an official document that should be issued by the applicant’s alma mater describing the grading system of the university. If the applicant’s transcripts don’t actually include information on CGPA, marks or score percentile, the documents must actually be certified.
- Curriculum Vitae
- A certified copy of the passport, that shows the applicants evidence of nationality (this has to be a minimum of 18 months validity)
- The medical examination report and;
- Covid-19 proof of vaccination
Eligibility Criteria of the Malaysian Technical Cooperate Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2022
Applicants of the Malaysian Technical Cooperate Program must adhere to the following criteria:
- They mustn’t be more than 45 years of age at the time of application
- For the master’s degree program, the applicant must have graduated with a minimum of the second class upper (Honors) or a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or equivalent at the undergraduate Degree level.
- Applicant must have an exceptional level of health that will be certified by a doctor/physician. Applicants should note that the cost of medical check-ups shall be fully borne by the applicants.
- Scholars must be sure that they are prepared to undertake full-time study for a postgraduate program at the selected Malaysian universities.
- Application is only open to applicants that have received a valid admission offer letter/s from at least one of the universities in Malaysia but haven’t yet begun their Master’s program or those that have actually registered for no more than one semester for a postgraduate degree.
List of Universities for the Malaysian Technical Cooperate Program (MTCP) Scholarship 2022
- Universiti Malaya (UM)
- Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM)
- Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM)
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM)
- Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas (UTP)
- Universiti Islam Antarabangsa Malaysia (UIAM/IIUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP)
- Universiti Malaysia Sarawak (UNIMAS)
- Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM)
- Universiti Tenaga Malaysia (UNITEN)
- Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
- Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP)
- Universiti Malaysia Terengganu (UMT)
- Universiti Pertahanan Nasional Malaysia (UPNM)
- Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS)
- Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI)
- Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM)
- Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTEM)
- Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia (UTHM)
- Universiti Malaysia Kelantan (UMK)
- Universiti Sultan Zainal Abidin (UNISZA)
- International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance.
Benefits of Malaysia MTCP Scholarship
This scholarship covers the following:
- Monthly Allowance
- Free tuition fee
- Travelling allowance
- An international Airfare Tickets
- Travel allowance from one country to another when your semester will be finished.
- With this scholarship, they are no bond restrictions to return to the country.
- Cost of living allowance
- Book allowance
- Tools allowance
- Family assistance allowance
- Thesis allowance
- Placement allowance
- Practical training allowance
- End of study allowance
- Medical claims
Method of Payment: Applicants will receive allowances and some other benefits as aforementioned from the scholarship division, Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia through their individual accounts. Students are usually advised to open a bank account in any of the Malaysian banks once they’ve arrived in the country.
Areas of Education for the MTCP Scholarship
The applicant may actually choose any related course that is within the areas that are mentioned below, however, priority will be given to the following areas of study:
- Science, Technology, and Engineering (and this doesn’t include nursing, medicine, or clinical pharmacy)
- Economics, Finance, Management and Banking.
- Social Sciences and Humanities
- Information and Communication Technology
- International Relations and Political Science
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
The applicant will be considered or selected based on the following criteria:
- High-level academic achievement
- Exceptional communication, writing and reading skills in the English language.