The scholarship has been created in collaboration with Beth Mead, Arsenal Women and England footballer and BA (Hons) sports development graduate of Teesside University especially for a national, international, and or professional female footballer. This scholarship is worth £1,200 and will help sponsor them throughout their course along coupled with other amazing benefits.
Teesside University is a public university, positioned in North Yorkshire in North East England, United Kingdom and has a ranking of 801 in the World University Rankings by Times Higher Education. Teesside is a high-performing global university anchored in the Tees Valley, inspiring confidence in the community and providing learning opportunities for all learners.
- The applicants must be national, international, and or professional female footballers that can positively contribute to sport at Teesside University through international-level sports performance.
- The applicants must have successfully achieved a place on a course at Teesside University or be already studying here during the 2022 – 2023 academic year (all courses are eligible, both undergraduate and postgraduate).
The undergraduate or postgraduate programs offered in the field of sports at Teesside University can be applied for.
Admission applications can be submitted either via the UCAS Portal or the university portal. The scholarship application form must be submitted by all interested students by the deadline to be considered.
The students will submit academic transcripts of all the previous schools attended, a copy of their passport, letters of recommendation, and personal statements.
English language proficiency level is IELTS 5.0 or equivalent in an alternative English language test. UKVI-compliant English language proof may also be accepted.
Applicants must meet the entry and academic requirements of the course they wish to join at Teesside University.
The selected candidates will be provided with a bursary of £1,200 and other benefits by Teesside University such as:
- Sport psychology support
- Bespoke nutritional support
- Lifestyle support
- Personalized sports science support
- One-to-one mentoring with Beth, Strength and conditioning support
- Physiotherapy, sports massage, and therapy
- Biomechanical assessment
- Signed shirt by Beth
- Branded Teesside Sport kit
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities
- Gym membership