Every time, the Swiss Confederation awards Government Excellence literacy to promote transnational exchange and exploration cooperation between Switzerland and over 180 other countries. The Federal Commission for literacy for Foreign scholars( FCS) selects the donors.
youthful foreign experimenters with a master’s degree or PhD and foreign artists with a bachelorette’s degree can apply for Swiss Government Excellence literacy.
Types of scholarships
- The scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline (who hold a master’s degree as a minimum) who plan to study or conduct research in Switzerland (research fellowship, PhD, Postdoc).
Scholarships are available at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, two federal institutes of technology, and four research institutes. Applicants must be nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions.
- Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland (arts).
Swiss conservatories and universities of the arts offer art scholarships. Students from a limited number of countries are eligible for this scholarship.
University Scholarship candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree at the time of scholarship commencement.
- Demonstrate what they are capable of academically, as well as their goals.
- If you are interested in researching at this institution or under the supervision of a professor, contact them. To determine whether you qualify for admission, universities may require supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions.
- Under 35 years of age (born on or after 1 January 1978).
- To benefit fully from Swiss studies, students need to be proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian, or English).
- Among the benefits of the scholarship are monthly payments, tuition fee exemptions, health insurance, airfare, and special lodging allowances.
The Swiss diplomatic representation or the relevant national authorities must first make a preliminary selection of applications. Final decisions are made by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS).
Scholarship applications are assessed based on three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
The potential synergies and future research collaborationsiversities. Academic and scientific excellence determines scholarship awards.
By the end of May 2023, the FCS will select scholarship holders for the 2023-24 academic year. Online scholarship applications will be available from August 2023 onwards.
How to apply
- For further information and the application documents, select the continent with your country of origin (as indicated on your passport).
- Find out what scholarships are available and when the application deadline is. Depending on the country, these differ. Additionally, you will find information on how to get answers to your questions.
For More Information: